“In the midst of” seems to have struck a chord with our contributors. Not only are there glimpses into the lives of 22 (!) FMCers and SMCers (these interviews alone are worth opening the issue!) but other contributors share unique perspectives on what they are in the midst of, including:
- Karen West’s perennial search for harmony (her preferred term to “work/life balance”);
- Catherine Swanson’s haunting poem about a family who has fled their home and is desperately searching for a country to take them in;
- Jen and Nate Christophel Lichti’s exploration of their transition away from church and towards deeper community within their own family and with others;
- Martha Yoder Maust narrates what she sees in her downtown neighborhood as she takes a Saturday morning walk, while Pattie Mishler explores the gifts walking gives her;
- Two FMC college students reflect on their experiences living in France and Peru, respectively, this spring; and
- Laura Friesen’s journey through issues of power and connectivity while she reflects on Steve’s time at FMC as transitional pastor.
What are you in the midst of?