- The most popular sections at the grocery became the spice shelves and baking goods aisle.
- Turned out our neighborhood did have a lot of people who lived in it. Who would have known!
- More of us understood the differences between “wants” and “needs”.
- The reason for common courtesies such as covering your mouth and nose when sneezing became obvious.
- “Hobby” became more inclusive, such as reorganizing storage shelves for the third time in four months.
- Wearing clothes for longer than a few hours in a day was regarded as a major hassle.
- Uneven gray won “Hair Color of the Year” award.
- “Family time” had a whole new meaning.
- Learning about statistics, graphs, data trends and charts was taken off my list of life goals.
- Personal space was renamed to the much more contemporary term, “social distancing”.
Previous article | Contents | Next article
About the author
Robin Helmuth is the father of two grown children and has two granddaughters. Robin and Deb have made Indianapolis their home for more than 40 years.